- 1 insomnia
- 2 reasons for insomnia 2.1 Life practices 2.2 menopause 2.3 pregnancy 2.4 Medicines 2.5 mental disorders 2.6 Neurological disorders 2.7 Other health disorders
- 2.1 Life practices
- 2.2 menopause
- 2.3 pregnancy
- 2.4 Medicines
- 2.5 mental disorders
- 2.6 Neurological disorders
- 2.7 Other health disorders
- 3 References
Insomnia (known in English: Insomnia) as a sleep disorder (in English: Sleep disorder), who is facing a person difficult to sleep, might be in the face of difficulty in continuing it, or waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep, sometimes accompanied by feeling tired after waking up, or insomnia face difficulty in immortality might be to sleep, and it should be noted the different number of hours of sleep individuals, but in general, most adults need seven to eight hours of sleep every night, and can insomnia affect people at any age, and in adults is insomnia is more common among females than males, it is worth mentioning that insomnia may adversely affect some aspects of life, disorder performance during work or school, it may also play a role in the incidence of some other health problems.  
It should be noted that insomnia may be acute or chronic; So acute insomnia lasts a period of several days or a few weeks and is usually caused by exposure to psychological stress or traumatic events, and chronic insomnia, it lasts for a month, or more, and in general, the insomnia might constitute a fundamental problem in itself, or has been associated with health conditions or certain medications. 
Causes of insomnia
There are many different reasons that may lead to suffering from insomnia, show some of them as follows:
There are many misconceptions of life practices that may lead to suffering from insomnia, and in a statement to some of them come: 
- Stress and psychological pressure: exposure to a traumatic event may result in life; Such as the death of a close, or job loss or illness, to suffering from insomnia, in addition to the psychological stress resulting from the study, work, physical conditions which leads to excessive thinking when lying down to sleep, and difficulty sleeping.
- Travel or nature of the work: regulate the biological or what is known systems circadian clock (in English: Circadian rhythm) sleep cycle, and many vital processes in the body, so discomfiture may lead to suffering from insomnia, and it is linked to the disorder to travel, or work to late night, or follow Alhevcat system at work.
- Bad sleep habits: such as the use of bed to work outside of sleep times or watching TV, and follow an irregular sleep system, sleep in an uncomfortable environment.
- Sleep pattern with progress change in the age: the sleep cycle naturally with progress vary in age, so that the person starts to feel sleepy in the early time of the night as begins to wake up early in the morning, in addition to the attendant age reduced the proportion of deep sleep; Making it easier to wake up in the event of the sounds or the occurrence of some changes in the surrounding environment, and is known as the progress of age may be accompanied by suffering from the disease and the consequent use of medications; As the so influential in the ability to sleep, and we should be noted link progress in a lifetime down activity and took several naps during the day, leading to difficulty sleeping at night.
- Drinking alcohol: Although the effect of calming alcohol in the near term, but it causes many disorders that lead to suffering from insomnia in the long run, which causes disruption in the normal sleep cycle, including waking up before getting adequate sleep, as it may cause alcohol increase the number of times to urinate during the night due to the possession of Paul generating properties. 
- Caffeine: Because of the effect of caffeine alarm clock, one of a drink containing caffeine before bedtime can lead to insomnia, difficulty sleeping, and indicated that these beverages before sleep six hours or longer duration than that protects against the effect of caffeine in the sleep of many people. 
- Smoking and nicotine: Nicotine (in English: Nicotine) found in cigarette effect alarm is similar to the effect of caffeine, and side effects incidence of insomnia, due to the reduced effect of nicotine in the morning before waking may lead to the emergence of symptoms of withdrawal symptoms and sleep disturbances during this period, in addition to sleep ratio deep in people smokers are less compared to people non-smokers. 
- Cocaine Addiction: accompanies the use of cocaine (in English: Cocaine) addiction, the risk of insomnia, loss of the ability to feel pleasure, in addition to the effect of cocaine, a stimulant that leads to irritability and disturbance of natural sleep cycle. 
- The use of electronic devices before sleep: where several showed the influence of light electronics studies in the disorder ratio of the hormone melatonin - a hormone that plays an important role in Alnom- which leads to difficulty sleeping.  
- Eat fatty meals before bedtime: what caused the discomfort and influence the ability to sleep, in addition to the possibility of causing food warm burning sensation in the stomach and therefore sleep disorder. 
Many women suffer from insomnia during menopause (in English: Menopause) -alta also known as the age Alaos- due to several concomitant changes to this stage, including the following: 
- Hot flashes: The hot flashes (in English: Hot flashes) and night sweats are common symptoms that may be experienced by women during menopause, Viadian to suffering from insomnia, in addition to these symptoms are caused by an increase in the hormone adrenaline ratio (English: Adrenaline ) as a reaction from the decline in the proportion of certain hormones in women, leads to adrenaline alarm and increase the body's energy, which leads to difficulty sleeping and suffering from insomnia.
- Hormonal changes: the stage of menopause is accompanied by the occurrence of many interruption of hormonal changes in women; Including the decline in the proportion of estrogen (in English: Estrogen), progesterone (in English: Progesterone), leading to a number of changes in lifestyle and sleep, until they are adapting to these changes, it should be noted that the hormone progesterone is a hormone-stimulating sleep so decline leads to suffering from insomnia, too.
- Drugs: Women may need to use some medications and supplements during menopause, which in turn may be accompanied by side effects, including insomnia.
Most women suffer from the problem of insomnia during pregnancy, especially during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy because of the increased size of the fetus, and the increase in the severity of the symptoms of pregnancy, it should be noted that the suffering of a pregnant woman from insomnia does not affect the health of the fetus, and there are many different factors that may be responsible for pregnant women suffering from insomnia, show some of them as follows: 
- Heartburn associated with pregnancy.
- Cramps legs.
- Psychological anxiety.
- frequent urination.
- Hormonal changes.
- The difficulty of getting a comfortable position because of the size of the abdomen.
- Stimulate increased metabolic processes or metabolism, leading to increased body temperature.
Suffering from insomnia may be caused by the use of some medications, as insomnia is a common number of medication side effects, including the following: 
- Receptor blockers, alpha: (English: Alpha-blockers), side effects that are associated with this group: insomnia, feeling person sleepy and tired during the day, in addition to the impact that leads to a lack of sleep for some stages.
- Receptor blockers, beta: beta-receptor blockers cause (English: Beta-blockers) frequent waking during sleep, nightmares, scientists believe that this is due to the effect of the low percentage of the hormone melatonin, which plays a role in regulating sleep.
- Drugs corticosteroid: drugs cause corticosteroid (in English: Corticosteroids) insomnia as a result of its impact similar to the hormones of the adrenal gland (in English: Adrenal gland), which is responsible for stimulating the body and the brain.
- Inhibitors recovery of serotonin optional: (English: Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor) and Acronym (SSRI), no doctors could determine the mechanism caused by insomnia when a person is clearly but these drugs may cause irritability, tremors, which may lead to suffering from insomnia.
- Inhibitors of angiotensin-converting enzyme: (English: Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors), may result in the use of these drugs to suffering from insomnia because of the possibility of high potassium in the body, which in turn leads to a spasm of the legs, muscle pain, bone, and diarrhea, in addition to causing these drugs suffering dry cough in a few cases, which may prevent sleep comfortably at night.
- 2 receptor antagonists Alonjyotensen: (English: Angiotensin II-receptor blockers) and Acronym (ARBs), may cause these drugs as a result of insomnia caused by higher potassium in the body and also the onset of symptoms associated with it.
- Cholinesterase inhibitors: (English: Cholinesterase inhibitors), many may cause symptoms associated with these drugs to be able to sleep, such as stiffening legs, nausea and vomiting disorder, in addition to increasing the proportion of acetylcholine (in English: Acetylcholine) in the brain and the body, one of the types of neurotransmitters , leading to jobs autonomic disorder in the body, including the functions responsible for sleep.
- Certain types of antihistamines: cause the second generation of receptor blockers histamine 1 (English: H1 antagonist) psychological anxiety and insomnia due to inhibition of acetylcholine in the body, is described in these medications to treat allergic reactions.
- Glucosamine and Alkondroatin supplements: accompanied by the use of glucosamine supplements (in English: Glucosamine) and Alkondroatin (in English: Chondroitin) the emergence of a number of side effects such as insomnia, diarrhea, and headaches.
- Statin drugs: statins cause drugs (in English: Statins) pain in the muscles, which may affect the person's ability to sleep at night, this might be a very severe pain in some cases.
- Drugs treat cancer: cause many drugs treat cancer known drugs in English chemotherapy (: Chemotherapy) suffering from fatigue and fatigue during the day, leading to sleep during the day and insomnia at night, in addition to some of the drugs used to alleviate the side effects associated with drugs cancer may also lead to fatigue and fatigue; Such as anti-nausea, or may lead to insomnia directly; Such as steroid drugs, in addition to the anxiety and psychological stress Unaccompanied of cancer may lead to suffering from insomnia as well. 
Show mental disorders that may lead to suffering from insomnia as follows:  
- Bipolar disorder: People with suffering disease, bipolar disorder (in English: Bipolar Disorder) from insomnia and inability to sleep during the bouts of depression and mania, it is worth mentioning that some sleep disorders associated with different timing (in English: Jet lag) or work schedules may lead to and stimulate the development of manic episodes related to bipolar disorder.
- Psychological anxiety: In the event of injury anxiety disorders the person may suffer from severe anxiety for more than 6 months, affecting the daily life and, in fact, insomnia increases the severity of psychological anxiety also causes psychological anxiety to suffering from insomnia and nightmares.
- Depression: infection associated with insomnia with most cases of depression, scientists believe that insomnia is not a symptom of depression only, since insomnia and depression are Adtraban different, but they are intertwined, and this requires careful treatment of depression and insomnia in parallel. 
- Phobias and panic attacks: may suffer many people from insomnia as a result of injury panic attacks (in English: Panic attacks) that occur during the night; Specifically during the light sleep stage of deep sleep, but for spells Phobias (in English: Phobias) It is rare to cause sleep disorders except in the case was linked to one of the cases related to sleep; Such as fear of nightmares. 
- Schizophrenia: Many people do not get people diagnosed with schizophrenia (in English: Schizophrenia) on a sufficient number of hours of sleep, especially in the early stages of a bout of schizophrenia, but in the intervals between attacks Vihassan sleep a person normally. 
Neurological disorders that may lead to suffering from insomnia as follows:  
- Epilepsy: medications contribute used in the treatment of epilepsy (in English: Epilepsy) suffering from insomnia because of its calming effect may lead to drowsiness and sleep during the day, which in turn leads to suffering from insomnia at night, as many neurological seizures (in English: Seizures) associated with epilepsy occur during the second stage of sleep or when drowsiness, leading to difficulty sleeping after a neurological seizure as may be accompanied by loss of control of bladder, and panic, and excessive breathing, it should be noted that some triggers seizures contribute to suffering from insomnia also, and the the other insomnia may be one of the triggers epileptic seizures due to its association with not getting enough hours of sleep.
- Parkinson's disease: suffering many people with Parkinson's disease or parkinsonian (English: Parkinson's disease) from insomnia and other sleep disorders; Specifically the inability to continue to sleep and therefore go, also referred to as many patients with Parkinson's suffer from depression; The depression itself is a cause for insomnia, also referred to as drugs Parkinson's may cause insomnia in some cases as one of the side effects of their use.
- Dementia: accompanies Alzheimer's disease (in English: Alzheimer's disease) some of the symptoms that affect the person's ability to sleep, especially during the night appearance; Such as irritability, confusion, and you know this case syndrome sunset or sunset syndrome (in English: Sundowning), has an infected person in this case needs to undergo treatment and access to ongoing health care. 
- Other disorders: There are several other neurological disorders may lead to suffering from insomnia; Such as headaches, including migraine headaches (in English: Migraines), which may lead to the awakening of the injured person to sleep, and it should be noted that insomnia and lack of sleep accompanied by other symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, and vision disturbances may indicate infection and other health problems requiring doctor's visit. [ 18]
Other health disorders
There are many disorders and health problems that may lead to suffering from insomnia, including the following: 
- Heartburn: The incidence of heartburn (in English: Heartburn) to feel disturbed or heartburn in the middle of the abdomen as well as the possibility of stomach acid reflux into the esophagus, and increases the severity of the stomach acid reflux when lying down often, and can alleviate the problem of insomnia and heartburn in this case through the use of some drugs that help to discourage the secretions of the stomach, avoid eating large and hearty meals of food in the evening, and to refrain from alcohol and beverages containing caffeine, as well as trying to lift the upper part of the body when lying down to prevent stomach acid reflux.
- Heart failure: People suffering people with heart disease failure (in English: Heart failure) of fluid accumulation in the lungs and tissues which may lead to waking up several times because of the feeling of shortness of breath, may be accompanied by injury heart failure suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (in English: Obstructive sleep apnea), which is a sleep disorder that leads to waking up several times during sleep at night, feeling tired and sleepy day because of not getting enough sleep.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: injury may affect one of musculoskeletal disorders (in English: Musculoskeletal disorders); Such as rheumatoid arthritis (in English: Arthritis) in a person's ability to sleep and suffering from insomnia because of the pain caused, it may result from treatments used for arthritis; Such as steroid drugs (in English: Steroid), as some studies have shown that many people who suffer from muscular pain fibrillation (in English: Fibromyalgia) have a disturbance in the normal sleep cycle and in the ability to deep sleep due to a disturbance in the brain.
- Breathing disorders have many different breathing disorders cause injury to the difficulty of sleep or impaired ability to continue to sleep, and these disorders known as Balnfaj pulmonary (English: Emphysema) and bronchitis (in English: Bronchitis), due to link these cases, shortness of breath , cough, excessive sputum production, as well as the difficulty of sleep caused by the use of some drugs that deal with breathing disorders; Such as steroid drugs.
- Thyroid disease: incidence of lead hypothyroidism (in English: Hypothyroidism) to feel sleepy and inactivity As for an overactive thyroid gland (in English: Hyperthyroidism) shall be accompanied by suffering from sleep disorders; Including insomnia, and may also result in symptoms of insomnia and other disorders of the thyroid gland; Such as night sweats, as the awakening of the person frequently as a result of increased sweating may prevent getting premium enough sleep. 
- Kidney Disease: The insomnia and sleep disorders are common in patients with kidney disease, and lack of sleep are linked in this case to feel sleepy and fatigue in addition to poor performance during the day, and the low quality of life, attributed the occurrence of insomnia in this case to many of the factors associated with kidney therapies disease ; Including metabolic changes, infections, and sleep mechanisms regulate the changing, the symptoms and complications of associated kidney disease, chronic, medications, treatments and alternatives renal. 
- Restless legs syndrome can be defined as restless legs syndrome as a movement disorder that leads to an uncomfortable feeling in the legs including includes the desire Pthrikema during rest times, and increase the sense of these symptoms when lying down to sleep at night, which may lead to suffering from insomnia and difficulty sleeping, in addition to extreme drowsiness, fatigue, and fatigue during the day. 
- Diabetes: People with diabetes may suffer from sleep disorders; Including insomnia, as the symptoms of diabetes make sleep more difficult, and result in a lack of sleep in itself to increase sugar symptoms worse, have been attributed to sleep disorders in this case to the irregular level of blood sugar and hormones, and often high levels of sugar lead in the blood during the day the inability to sleep efficiently during the night, and in this context referred to that fatigue may prevent the ability to regulate sugar in the blood, it should be noted diabetes link in several cases of pain nervous, or restless leg syndrome, or apnea, these factors would increase the likelihood of the development of the feeling of insomnia. 
- Pain: lead suffering from acute pain or chronic injury insomnia and sleep disorder, it loses a person with the ability to hours sleep control and thus receiving a number of hours less sleep, as the injured suffered pain from vulnerability to environmental surroundings and affecting the quality of sleep factors; Such as sounds, heat, and light. 
- Incontinence: people infected may suffer urinary incontinence (in English: Urinary incontinence) from insomnia because of the urgent need to urinate, or involuntary urination at night. 
- ↑ Mayo Clinic Staff (15-10-2016), "Insomnia"، www.mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 12-9-2017. Edited
- ^ أ ب Peter Crosta (20-7-2017), "Insomnia: Causes, symptoms, and treatments"، www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 12-9-2017. Edited
- ↑ "Insomnia", www.mayoclinic.org,15-10-2016، Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "How Alcohol Affects the Quality And Quantity Of Sleep", www.sleepfoundation.org, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Does caffeine cause insomnia?", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Kristen Stewart, "The Chemistry of Caffeine, Nicotine, and Sleep"، www.everydayhealth.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Insomnia From Cocaine Use", www.addictioncampuses.com, Retrieved 30-11-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Peter Crosta, "Insomnia: Everything you need to know"، www.medicalnewstoday.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Melatonin", www.mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "What Causes Insomnia?", www.sleepfoundation.org, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Kimberly Holland, "Can Menopause Cause Insomnia"، www.healthline.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Amy O’Connor, "Insomnia During Pregnancy"، www.whattoexpect.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Dr. Armon B. Neel Jr, "10 Types of Meds That Can Cause Insomnia"، www.aarp.org, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Sleep and Cancer", www.tuck.com,4-8-2019، Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ David N. Neubauer, "Insomnia and Psychiatric Disorders"، www.medscape.org, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ Scott Frothingham, "What Is the Link Between Anxiety and Insomnia?"، www.healthline.com, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Depression and Insomnia", www.webmd.com, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ^ أ ب ت ث ج "Medical Causes of Sleep Problems", www.helpguide.org, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "The Surprising Prevalence of Insomnia in Epilepsy", www.rscdiagnosticservices.com, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Symptoms – Sleep Problems", parkinsonsdisease.net, Retrieved 16-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Thyroid Disorders and Sleep", www.tuck.com, Retrieved 26-11-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Insomnia in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease", www.sciencedirect.com, Retrieved 24-11-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Restless Legs Syndrome", www.health.harvard.edu, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Diabetes and Sleep Disorders", www.tuck.com, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Pain and Sleep", www.sleepfoundation.org, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
- ↑ "Urological Diseases and Sleep", www.tuck.com, Retrieved 15-9-2019. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!