- 1 leukemia
- 2 factors that increase the chance of leukemia
- 3 symptoms of leukemia
- 4 diagnosis of leukemia
- 5 treatment of leukemia
- 6 video about the symptoms of leukemia
- 7 References
It is considered blood one of the most types of human cancer, and the most common cancer, and suggest some sources that the first case was discovered for this disease has been by one of the doctors Europeans in the nineteenth century, and called the name of the disease: leukemia, also called name: leukemia (leukemia), and this word Greek origin, it is composed of two words Aonaneacan, namely: leukos means white, and haima means blood, these two words mean The total leukemia. 
Leukemia begins to affect bone marrow injury; A tissue found in most of the bones of the body, a place where the different blood cells are manufactured in it; Kkhalaaa white blood red sheets and blood. When leukemia, the bone marrow begins to produce large numbers of white blood cells is natural that are called cancer cells, these cells do not perform the function of normal cells, also grow fast, so do not stop growing when it should be. Over time, cancer cells start crowding normal white blood cells, this may lead to serious complications; Such as anemia and bleeding and frequent infections. It is also possible that cancer cells spread to infect the lymph nodes or neighboring organs causing pain and swelling. 
There are several types of leukemia, has been divided by the speed of progression of the disease, according to the type of constituent cells, and thus the species: 
- Acute leukemia lymphoblastic: It is the most common type in children, and can also affect adults.
- Acute leukemia (CSF): It is a common type of blood cancer, and affects children and adults, and is the most common types in adults.
- Leukemia, chronic lymphocytic: It is the most common chronic species, it is possible to feel that the patient in good condition for years without any treatment.
- Leukemia, chronic myeloid: This affects mainly adult type, as well as the patient may not feel any symptoms for months or years before entering the stage where the cancer cells grow quickly.
Factors that increase the chance of leukemia
There are several factors that may increase the chance of one of the types of leukemia, and these factors: 
- Undergo the treatment of former cancer as people who have undergone certain types of chemotherapy or radiation therapy to heal another cancer are more exposed than others to certain types of leukemia.
- Genetic imbalances: since the existence of such imbalances may play an important role in the incidence of leukemia, and the most important of Down syndrome.
- Exposure to certain chemicals: they found that exposure to the types of chemicals, such as benzene, for example, located in the fuel used in several industries, associated with an increased incidence of several types of leukemia.
- Smoking: where cigarette smoking increases the chance of leukemia, acute myeloid.
- The presence of a family history of leukemia.
Symptoms of leukemia
Symptoms of leukemia vary from one type to another, but there are common symptoms among them, including:  
- General fatigue and fatigue; Because of the low number of red blood cells and platelets.
- High temperature.
- Bleeding from the nose or gums or from the anus, as well as the appearance of bruises on the body frequently, severe bleeding in menstruation.
- The appearance of swelling in the glands in the neck or armpit or groin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain in the joints, muscles and bones.
- Fever and night sweats.
- Frequent occurrence of serious infections.
- Loss of appetite and weight.
Diagnosis of leukemia
The diagnosis of leukemia by following several steps, including: 
- Clinical: where the screening physical examination signs of leukemia; Kahob skin due to anemia, or swelling of the lymph nodes in various parts of the body, or enlarged liver and spleen.
- A blood test: This test shows any imbalances in the numbers of white blood cells or platelets, which raises suspicion of injury leukemia.
- Examination of the bone marrow: being this examination by taking a biopsy of the bone marrow (pelvic bone usually) mediated by a long thin needle, which looks at the sample for cancer cells and are conducting tests specialized kit on it to see the specific characteristics of these cells to contribute to determine the type of treatment.
Treatment of leukemia
Determine the type of treatment for leukemia depends on several factors; The patient's general health such as Omar and his condition and the type of cancer that injury also depends on the spread of the disease elsewhere or not. The common types are for the treatment of leukemia as follows: 
- Chemotherapy: The most important forms of treatment of leukemia, with which chemical compounds are used to kill cancer cells. Based on the type of cancer the patient is given either one type of drugs or drug vehicle, and be in the form of tablets taken by mouth or injected intravenously.
- Bio-treatment: The aim of this kind to help the body's immune system to recognize cancer cells and attack.
- Directed therapy: used in which drugs attack specific vulnerabilities of cancer cells. For example, stop the medication (Aamatinnib) the work of a specific protein within cancer cells in chronic myeloid leukemia, and this helps to control the disease.
- Radiation therapy: as used in this type of X-ray and other types of radiation high-energy to destroy cancer cells and stop their growth.
- Stem cell therapy: a process during which the replacement of the infected bone another healthy marrow, and before undergoing this treatment the patient receives high doses of chemotherapy or radiation to destroy the infected bone marrow, and then transported the patient consisting of stem cells, blood cells to rebuild the bone marrow.
Video for symptoms of leukemia
To learn more about the symptoms of leukemia Watch the video.
- ↑ "History of Leukemia", rebeccanelson.com, Retrieved 7-6-2016. Edited.
- ^ أ ب "Leukemia", webmd.com, Retrieved 7-6-2016. Edited.
- ^ A b c t w h "Leukemia", mayoclinic.org, Retrieved 7-6-2016. Edited.
We regret it!
Successfully sent, thank you!